Time To Get Started


Every year, right after Halloween, once everything has been taken down and put into storage for another year, I take a break. A complete break from everything Halloween—from early November through the New Year holiday. I have found that it's necessary for me to prevent burnout and that time is used for a much-needed mental vacation.

But once that break is over, I find that I'm fully refreshed and ready to go for the new year of Halloween preparation.

And so the 2015 Halloween season starts today. I've got a bunch of posts ready to go and I have a long list of projects already written out. The excitement is back and I'm ready to hit the ground running.

I'll be up for a full season of Make & Takes with the local haunters group (hopefully!), I'm already getting my costume ideas for the Midwest Haunters Convention at the end of May, I hope to hit up a few zombie walks in the area and I'm already mapping out a new group of cemeteries to visit and document in the fall. Oh, and I'll be adding a few more tutorials from this year's new props. And if that wasn't enough, I've decided to dive into prop animation and I'm going to start toying with a newly-purchased Ardruino prop controller. 2015 looks like it will be another busy year in the cemetery!

Can you hear that? The clock is ticking. Only 290 days until Halloween. Time to get busy!!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment