Hangin' Out at Closed Casket Studios


So last year at this time, I wrote an entry with the exact same title and talked about how cool it was, as a haunter, to live here in Akron, Ohio. World-famous haunted houses and a killer haunt convention all within a quick drive of the Cemetery.

But even closer (and cooler!) than all of that is Dave Shonk's Closed Casket Studios. A quick 5 minute jaunt and I get to check out all the incredible things going on in his little studio shop. I love going over, soaking in all the cool goodies he has in the studio, having a few beers, and just shooting it about all things Halloween.

This past weekend, I got another opportunity to stop by and check out all his new pieces for 2018. I jumped around the studio space, wildly snapping pics of all the cool new things he was ready to roll out. And because everything is now set up at his booth at the Transworld Halloween & Attractions Show, I can finally show some of those photos.




Without a doubt, my favorite new sculpt and probably the best piece he has ever done. This new alien ripper is super detailed and immediately made me think of John Carpenter's The Thing. My brain is continuing to think about how I could incorporate this into my Cemetery haunt. Somehow, somehow...

And as an added bonus, go check out his Instagram pic where someone in Costa Rica got this guy tattooed on his arm. Crazy props!!









 I love the expression on the angry granny, but those glasses cracked me up!



And the wolfman is wearing an Iron Maiden Killers World Tour shirt. Effing Iron Maiden, dude. I love that there are the slightest touches of dark humor in his sculpts and figures. As I always say, I definitely need to add more of his pieces into my display!






But wait, there's more!



As I mentioned above, you can now see all of the new work at the Closed Casket Studios booth at the Transworld Halloween & Attractions Show. And as you may be reading this, I too will be at the booth!! I was totally stoked when he asked if I wanted to go with them again this year. I guess my mad skills at handing out flyers didn't go unnoticed. I didn't think he would ask, but I jumped at the chance to go and experience it all again. 

Last year was my first chance to go to Transworld, and it really was everything that I heard it was. Go check out my recap from last year's show here. With a year of show experience under my belt, I'm better prepared for the madness that lies ahead of me in St. Louis and I'll be ready to document it all! I'll be posting everything I can next week, when I get back.

And if you happen to make it to the show yourself, stop by Closed Casket Studios at booth #407 and say hello. And then buy some of Dave's killer work. I hope to see you all there!!

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment