Hauntcast Returns. Again!


There are a few Halloween- and haunt-themed podcasts across the universe, and I've tried to sample most of them. But somehow, the only one I come back to time and time again (Stockholm Syndrome?) is Chris Baker and crew's Hauntcast. Ugh, I feel so dirty for even typing that...

It's the only podcast that doesn't take itself too seriously, but entertains, actually informs and keeps my attention all the way through each episode. I guess it really speaks to the lowbrow neanderthal haunter in me. But that's cool!

So I was pretty excited to see the release of Hauntcast Postmortem 11, the newest episode, hot on the heels of the last episode. Which was released 9 months ago... But I'm REALLY excited to see that they were interviewing friend of the Cemetery, Brent Wilson from Planet Doom Haunt AND featuring killer horror punk music from The Spooky!




I fired up the new episode at work and flew through it way too fast. Again, another hilarious, yet informative episode, and I even have to admit that Brent's interview was really good, too. Good luck on your jump to pro haunting, good sir. I know you're gonna kill it!!

If you haven't downloaded the latest episode of Hauntcast, do yourself a favor and grab it right ovah heeah...



But wait, there's more!

Chris dropped an amazing little nugget a few weeks back that he was starting a Patreon campaign to bring the show back, along with all of the show regulars, monthly! Monthly!?


Hell yes I want that! A year or so ago, I actually wrote about feeling guilty when they tried to bring Hauntcast back as a subscription service and I never chipped in for it. I had always wanted to, but I always had something else to put that money toward.

In hearing this announcement, I immediately ponied up to support it this time around. And quite a few other patrons did, as well. As I type this, they are about $60 a month away from their goal of making the new and improved Hauntcast a reality. Just in time for the run-up to Halloween!

So if you haven't yet, go check out what's going on over at the Hauntcast Patreon page. New bi-monthly/monthly podcasts, contests and a ton of new content throughout the year. And all in a crazy, super fun, entertaining and informative package. They're so close to making this happen, I command you to throw down a couple of bucks.

Okay, no I don't. But at least check it out. It really is a great resource for our haunt community, and it's always a fun listen.


And finally, I'd be remiss if I didn't send out some positive Cemetery vibes to Hauntcast regular, Revenant. I was bummed to find out that he didn't have a segment in this latest episode, but was even more bummed to find out that it was because of some health issues that he's currently going through. His "Theater of the Mind" segment is by far my favorite of the show and his segment in episode 10 was probably my favorite segment ever. Get well soon and get back to making amazing and inspiring content. We'll keep the ghost light burning...

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment