"Cupid's Revenge": A Recap


Well, "pro haunt actor" outing number two is in the books and it was pretty amazing. Last night, I had the chance to guest act at the Haunted Schoolhouse and Laboratory's "Cupid's Revenge" Valentines haunt.

It was my second time working as a guest actor at the Schoolhouse (an absolute favorite haunt of mine since I was 13), and I think I had more fun this time around. Both times I was a queue line actor, menacing the guests as they stood in the long lines to enter the haunt.

But this time, it was as if a light switch was thrown. As soon as I transformed into my plague doctor character, I was in a completely different, darker mindset. Completely ready to go...



I canvassed the crowds all night long, eliciting a few screams, nervous laughs, and many,  many compliments and photo requests. Everybody was in excellent spirits and it really made for a fun evening. And to top it off, I had the chance to show my stuff for quite a few haunter friends that made it out to enjoy the haunt (some of which came from other highly-regarded pro haunts, so I hope that I represented the Schoolhouse well!).

The night really flew by, and by closing time I was pretty worn down. But I still had a smile on my face. Something about getting into character and working the line comes unexpectedly easy, and very, very fun for me.

I have to thank Dave, Katie, and all my fellow queue line actors for allowing me another chance to come out and play. October is only 8 more months away, and I hope I can come back and do it all again. I have really taken a liking to this new facet of haunting and I hope I can develop it further. Something I had only dreamed of as a young 13-year-old haunt fanatic.

And at the end of the night, I got the chance to do a walkthrough of the haunt. I was REALLY impressed with the updated scenes. John and his crew have transformed the old Schoolhouse and taken it to the next level. If you have never been, or if you haven't been in a while, it's time to put Akron's Haunted Schoolhouse and Laboratory on your haunt bucket list. It's guaranteed to scare the YELL out of you!


0 comments:

Post a Comment