Retro Frankenstein Half-Mask From Spirit Halloween


So for the past few seasons, I would get really excited when I'd see the annual "Coming Soon, Spirit Halloween!" signs go up in vacant store fronts. And for the past few seasons, I would be disappointed in their offerings and walk out of the store a bit sad and empty-handed. There was just nothing there that I really wanted or needed for my particular haunt style. I just wasn't their target customer...

But fast-forward to this year, and after seeing the sign I figured I'd give it another shot. I entered the store with my son, keeping an open mind to see if there might be something, anything, that might catch my eye. But really, I went to see if I could get a costume for my son, since we are in fact having trick-or-treat this year!

As I perused the aisles, I skimmed past the usual trinkets and cheap props. But as I walked past the wall of masks, something really caught my eye...

This amazing, retro Frankenstein half-mask! I know it isn't much, but for the first time in a long while I said, "That is cool!" A nice homage to the plastic Ben Cooper half-masks that practically smothered me to death each Halloween when I was young.

I snagged the last one off of the rack, determined to make a Spirit Halloween purchase. I also grabbed a rather cool Fortnite character costume for my son (he was stoked!), and it looks like he's set for the big night. We're both ready to go!

And with the ridiculous amount of Spirit Halloween coupons I now have, I think I'm going to go back and snag the cool retro mummy, vintage devil, and classic cat half-masks, too.

This truly is a strange year!

1 comments:

Lady M said...

I spent my first few Halloweens trick or treating in one of those masks too - they were a staple in the 1960s and 1970s.

Post a Comment