Mount Shrine - "Forest Fire"


Beautiful rainy deep sub ambient soundscapes from Mount Shrine

I was deeply saddened when I learned that Cesar Alexandre, the Brazilian artist behind dark ambient act Mount Shrine, had passed away from Covid complications last year. I was a huge fan of his unique take on the dark ambient genre, opting for a warmer, rolling, almost meditative drone as opposed to the standard dark, discordant sound. His 2019 track, Underpass, is still one of my all-time favorites...

Fast forward to today and I was pleasantly surprised with Cryo Chamber's announcement of All Roads Lead Home, a brand new release featuring the final Mount Shrine tracks composed before his death.

I immediately snagged a copy and have had it on a constant rotation here at the Cemetery. More wonderfully warm atmospherics with just enough dark elements to keep things interesting. Do yourself a favor and give it a listen over on the Cryo Chamber Bandcamp page. It's a fitting end to a wonderful catalog of unique dark ambient work.

Rest in peace, Cesar.


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment