Controlled Death - "Demonic Trip Through Hell"


A couple of weeks ago, I posted about my discovery of Japanese industrial noise/black ambient artist, Controlled Death, and his incredible split release with Black Mountain Transmitter that was released by Deathbed Tapes (the cassette that came in a clamshell VHS case and a silkscreened BARF BAG!)

Today, I wanted to highlight another really great release of his. Demonic Trip Through Hell is another wonderfully grading and droning industrial soundscape, with two tracks of oozing, ear-piercing distortion and lo-fi reverb.

In other words, REALLY great background audio for a haunt display!! (Is it odd that I find this so soothing?)


And, in what really draws me to Deathbed Tapes, the limited edition cassette also comes in an also-limited-edition VHS release. Break out the old VCR!! It consists of the two tracks from the cassette, backed by a constant background of black-and-white decay featuring skulls and vibrating patterns. A perfect visual accompaniment to the audio. Total noise and harshness.

Enjoy!


 


0 comments:

Post a Comment