Chatoe Rogue Pumpkin Patch Ale


The first batch of pumpkin ales have just hit the shelves! I had gone to the local store to pick up some new Sam Adams Octoberfest, but my eyes lit up upon seeing this season's first bottles of pumpkin ale.

First up is Rogue Ales' Chatoe Rogue First Growth Pumpkin Patch Ale. It's really hard to miss this big orange bottle on the shelf.

On first pour, I got a nice sweet cinnamon scent from the velvety smooth, dark amber ale.



From the bottle:
Dedicated to Farmers and Fermenters. GYO is a Rogue Ales term for Grow Your Own. We made this ale with our own hops, barley and pumpkins.

Created with pumpkins grown on Rogue's Micro hop and pumpkin yard in Independence, Oregon. Fresh pumpkins are picked, loaded into our truck, driven immediately 77 miles to our brewery in Newport, Oregon, quickly roasted, and pitched into the brew kettle.


The beer starts with a smooth, subtle hint of sweet pumpkin and ends with a dry, caramel aftertaste with the slightest bit of hop.

Really a great way to get the pumpkin beer season underway! Chatoe Rogue First Growth Pumpkin Patch Ale receives 3 out of 5 Drunken Jackos!


 

1 comments:

Mantan Calaveras said...

Hhm, I usually just go for the Blue Moon pumpkin beer, as I don't care much for hops.

Rogue usually chucks a fine brew, so I'll keep an eye out for it.

One of my local hippy-dippy grocery stores had the Rogue voodoo donut bacon maple ale, but the price for a novelty beer was too rich for my blood.

Post a Comment