Lorain County Zombie Walk, 2013


I had a chance to get out to Amherst, Ohio yesterday and attend the 2013 Lorain County Zombie Walk. I got the updated zombie costume ready and with my mom and aunt in tow, set out to spook the city!

This year, we showed up early and got a chance to snap a bunch of photos. Tons of zombies, survivors, soldiers, hearses, makeup artists, bands and vendors gathered to create a successful canned food walk to benefit Lorain County's Second Harvest Food Bank. A big, big thanks to L.C.Z.O.R.T. for setting up this annual event!


Got the chance to try out the new contact lenses!




There were lots of zombies...












...as well as a hearse/vw bus/car show.




The Umbrella Corporation showed up in full force. These guys did not mess around...









At the end of the walk, I was handed a slip of paper. I had done it! I had been selected as a contestent (sic) for the Best Zombie Costume...


I lined up with 5 other zombies to be judged on makeup, props and character...




...only to lose both Best Zombie Costume AND People's Choice Awards to the Steak & Shake zombie family and their secret weapon...


The cutest damn zombie baby who was munching on human fingers!


And even though I was bested by a pint-sized flesh eater, I still had a great day lumbering around for a really great cause. I can't wait to come back next year where I'll employ a secret weapon of my own - MY BABY!!!!!!!


 

1 comments:

Mantan Calaveras said...

Cool! The idea of dressing up as Umbrella Corp is pretty clever.

I always figured that if I went to one of these things, I'd dress up as a zombie hunter, heh heh.

Post a Comment