The Morning After


Another Halloween has come and gone, and every inch of my body aches as I sit here and type this. Definitely a sign of a good night of haunting!!

Everything went up in the yard haunt in record time and the makeup went on smoothly...

...and then the rain started. Less than an hour before trick-or-treat. Damn. Cursed again. Luckily, it wasn't a torrential downpour like last year, but it continued throughout the rest of the night to put a damper on the evening's events.

We still had a great turnout of kids, parents and curious onlookers and we still got all props and lighting set up in the yard, so overall I would call it a success.

All the props are now in the garage, slowly drying out, and so far it looks like only my talking skull greeter was affected by the rain. By the end of the night, he wasn't so much talking as just blurting out a random sound every few seconds. Hopefully after a few days of drying out, everything will be okay.

I have quite a few photos to go through and will post them as quickly as I can. The rain actually helped with the cemetery fogger and I think I got a couple of really great fog photos. And because everyone and everything was pretty soaked by the end of the night, I opted out of shooting any video, as I think everyone, myself included, was ready for tearing down and getting into the house for some dry clothes and warm food.

But for now, I'm going to plant myself on the couch for a while and decide on whether I want to make the trip to the annual Dia de Muertos parade in Cleveland this afternoon.

 

1 comments:

Mantan Calaveras said...

Feliz Dia De Los Muertos.

You could stick that skull in a bag of rice, it's supposed to help!

Post a Comment