"Krampus: An Austrian Folk Tale" Documentary


From the Austrian countryside, where ancient folktales are still told, comes the story of Krampus - Christmas demon of yore...




Krampus: An Austrian Folk Tale, is a feature-length documentary that takes the viewer deep into the heart of Austrian and German folklore, to explore the mystery and origins of this ancient custom. From the beginning of the legend itself, to the creation of the costumes and riotous parades, Krampus will be discovered in all his fearsome glory.







All photos courtesy of Hexe Productions


I have been trying to find more info on this 2015 Krampus documentary produced by Hexe Productions ever since I recently discovered the trailer on YouTube.

Amazing footage of traditional Austrian Krampuslaufs with historical information direct from the source. I have become very interested in the tales of Krampus and the European festivals that take place in his honor each winter, and this documentary looks like it would go a long way in satiating my curiosity.

Unfortunately, I have only been able to find the documentary's trailer and website. I'm not sure if the full documentary is available anywhere or if it was ever released. I would love to find out more info on this, but for now, I'll just go back and re-watch the amazing trailer for the 100th time...


  

4 comments:

Lady M said...

You're just gonna have to head to Austria and experience this first hand.

highbury said...

Yes, lady M, I think you're right!! It would be an amazing trip!! :)

Unknown said...

Hi,
My name is Hannah and I am the director of the documentary. After I completed the documentary, one of the bands we featured, (Celtic Frost) decided they wanted more money than I offer them/than we had originally agreed on, and without their sign off I was unable to release the full film. So for years now it has been sitting finished with no way to release it. I have a band Working on replacing the tracks now, should be out this winter.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your kind review, and interest in my film, I will keep you posted.
I truly appreciate your support.

Post a Comment