Rest In Peace, Neighborhood Sign


Rest In Peace. You lasted only six days into your seventh season before you were tragically cut down by a careless driver.



I got the photo above yesterday while at work and my heart sank into the pit of my stomach. My mind raced with thoughts of miscreants purposely damaging the sign as an act of malice toward our beloved holiday. Who could do such a thing, and how could I find them to get sweet cold revenge...

When I finally got home, I grabbed a drill, some screws and a few scrap pieces of plywood and headed up to the top of my neighborhood to see what had happened. Any thoughts of vandalism were quickly dashed. I noticed the angle, size and length of the muddy tire track and deduced that someone in a large truck had simply backed out of a driveway too far and crushed my sign. Thanks...

I'm still gutted, but at least it was an accident and not an act of vandalism. And I was able to "Frankenstein" the sign back together. It can be used for the rest of this season but will have to be replaced. Which is also okay, because a new sign with new art will be fun to create.

Rest in peace, neighborhood sign. You will be missed...

  

1 comments:

Lady M said...

awwe - poor neighborhood sign crushed by a careless fool.

Post a Comment