Classic Horror Ads From Comic Books, Magazines & Newspapers


I recently came across this great collection of vintage horror ads from Cult Movies Magazine & TV's Facebook page (and thanks to Johnny Thunder and Hauntcast for posting this!). I can remember seeing a few of these crazy ads filling the back pages of horror magazines and comics as a little kid. I wanted to send a dollar to each, although even back then I knew I would receive a silly, cheap trinket in return. But wasn't that part of the fun??

Monsters! Vampires! Ghosts! HORROR! These ads pushed the creative limit, each trying to outshock the rest as they all fought for your attention (and your money) within the back pages of magazines and comics. They remind me of those great old haunted house ads that battled for my attention as I flipped through the local newspaper's Friday insert. Only the boldest and most shocking ads would be considered for a weekend visit! What a great time it was to be alive!

Enjoy this really great collection of the hilarious and crazy ads of the past!


























Image courtesy of Flickr.





Image courtesy of House Of The Unusual.

  
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment