Vintage Haunted Schoolhouse Poster



FINALLY! I got this personal gem into a proper frame, ready to go up on the wall!

I am finding that the older I get the more I look back, longing for the black-and-orange nostalgia and Halloween innocence of my youth. As a kid, I absolutely loved getting the Friday insert section out of the local newspaper each October, eagerly and voraciously devouring page after page of glorious black-and-white ads for all of the local haunted houses (and being an 80s Halloween kid living in Northeast Ohio meant page after page of haunted houses! It seemed like every city had one!).

And even with page after page of wonderful ads, there was always one that caught my attention and became the one I always looked for: Akron's Haunted Schoolhouse and Laboratory. The iconic grim reaper graphic really caught my young eye, and it became the one (technically two) haunted house that my friend Jim and I would always beg our parents to drive us to every Halloween season.




Fast forward 35 years, and the opportunity to be a guest actor at the Haunted Schoolhouse presented itself. Needless to say I jumped at the chance, fulfilling all those old childhood dreams. It was everything I had hoped it would be, and I appreciate Dave allowing me to come back each season to "get my haunt on."


Two seasons ago, he unearthed this ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE Schoolhouse and Lab silkscreened poster from back in the early 80s. Up to this point I had never asked for anything from him, but I REALLY wanted a copy of that if one was available. And Dave totally came through, allowing me to own a piece of haunted house history!

And now it's finally in a nice frame, ready to go up on my wall. Amazing clipart and fonts. Admission $2.00. FREE BABYSITTING! They just don't make 'em like this anymore!

1 comments:

Lady M said...

Those were the days! Gorgeous poster.

Post a Comment