Guest Acting At The Haunted Schoolhouse & Lab!


So here I sit, feeling like I was hit by a semi, barely able to walk. But damn, does it feel good! Because last night, I had the chance to be a guest actor at the infamous Haunted Schoolhouse and Laboratory here in Akron, Ohio.

Sweetest Day is a huge draw for the haunt each year, and last night was no different. I got to roam the queue line, which stretched clear around the building for most of the night, menacing young and old in my usual Plague Doctor getup...

The only shot I got for the night...a quick selfie before hitting the queue line.

It was definitely a workout for a 7 hour shift, but it was so much fun. Everyone was in good spirits throughout the night, I was asked to take photos at least 50 times, AND I quickly got to learn what BeReal was!

But the best part of the night came when I was rewarded for my work. I'm super nostalgic over all the old Schoolhouse and Lab memorabilia (it was one of the first haunted houses I ever went to as a kid, and I hold it near and dear to my cold, dead heart!), and Dave hooked me up with the goods!!

I have been coveting this old Haunted Schoolhouse poster from the early 80s for a few years now,
and I FINALLY got one. Straight to a frame and up on my wall you go!!




This old bumper sticker and flyer were a nice added bonus, too. The classic clipart, the admission price and the Free Babysitting callout make me laugh...yes, the good old days. 

Big thanks to Dave for having me out. I had so much fun doing this, and I'll probably just volunteer myself to do it again!

If you find yourself in the Northeast Ohio area, definitely make a trip to the Haunted Schoolhouse and Laboratory this Halloween season. They have done a TON of upgrades to both haunts and the new Monster Midway, and the entire place looks better than ever.

  

1 comments:

Lady M said...

Wow cool gig and I love the swag you have been given.

Post a Comment