Great Pumpkin Project Drop #3



'Twas a cold and rainy night as I drove into the great expanse of retail big box stores. But my destination wasn't to be any of the fluorescent-lit monstrosities, as I was headed for the oft-ignored and completely random gazebo, set right in the middle. A small island of green space surrounded by the madness of enormous paved parking and brick-and-mortar buildings.

It's amazing how anonymous you can be among the hustle and bustle of shoppers scurrying about at these areas.

For my third jack-o-lantern drop for the Great Pumpkin Project, I wanted to get a little more daring. I wanted to leave a pumpkin in a highly traveled, very visible location. I was curious to see how many people would notice it, and even more curious to see how many people remained oblivious to it.

As it got dark, I simply pulled up and casually walked the tagged pumpkin to the gazebo, placing it in the middle of the structure, safe from the winds and rain pouring down around it.

I casually took a few photos and video, and then simply drove away undetected. With everyone driving around trying to get to their retail destinations, nobody even noticed the weirdo and the pumpkin in the gazebo.


I'm very interested to see how long this one will remain here. It's pretty close to the Cemetery, so I'll be able to make frequent drive-by checkups to see.

Long live the Great Pumpkin Project!

  

2 comments:

Lady M said...

He looks so lonely and the whole place looks deserted.

The October boy said...

Thats a great location for sure. Cant wait for this years final pumpkin dump- always such a treat!

Post a Comment