Stockings & Fir


Did that headline grab your attention?? Unfortunately in this instance I'm only talking about a candle...


I'm not a big "candle" person, in that I'm usually underwhelmed by the scents they produce. Cool in concept, label and description, but lacking on the nose. So it takes a real find for me to actually write about it.

I received this Scentsible Scents' Crowsline "Stockings & Fir" candle from my wife earlier this year as a gift. After the quick joke and a wink in regards to the name, I set it on my desk and let it sit. Until now.

I was surprised by the wonderful scent when I first received it, but wanted to wait for the proper season to finally burn it: Halloween!!

I know it wasn't meant as a Halloween candle per se, but the warm, sweet incense aroma really feels "right" as we head into October (even if the site's description tries to convince me that it contains the scents of that next big Holiday coming up...). And the cool little black wax crow at the top of the candle really sets the mood for the season, as he slowly melts into the main body of the candle as it burns. A small offering to the Pumpkin Gods!

I'll be ordering another one of these in the near future as this one is getting used up quick. You can grab one here, if you're in the Halloween mood, too!

  

2 comments:

Lady M said...

Cool - I love a good candle especially one with a spooky label and a small offering to the Pumpkin Gods.

highbury said...

So I'm going to have to post an update on this one. As it continues to burn, a small vein of red liquid is starting to form across the base. It literally looks like IT'S BLEEDING! An extra creepy bonus!!!

Post a Comment