"Nightmares Of Halloween Past" By Gary Baseman



I recently grabbed a copy of artist Gary Baseman's new book, Nightmares of Halloween Past. And what an incredible book it is!

288 pages cataloging Baseman's extensive collection of vintage Halloween photography, which serves as the inspiration for many of his paintings also showcased...




All photos courtesy of Gary Baseman and Two Fauns.


Since the book has shown up at my door, I have spent quite a bit of time perusing its contents. So many wonderfully old, creepy, and nostalgic vintage Halloween photos alongside Baseman's now-iconic character style paintings. And the background stories give great insight into both the artist and his works.

I grabbed this book on a bit of a whim, but I am SO glad I did. It really straddles the line of being both an artist's book, and a nostalgic Halloween book. And if you're into either (or both, like me), I highly recommend adding it to your collection!

It is now sold out at Gary Baseman's site, but a few copies remain over at Two Fauns. Get on it!!


And if you're really into Baseman's Halloween-inspired art, he's currently offering a really cool, limited edition print of The Bad Luck 13 Monster Gang, a painting featured in the book. Available here.


Only 20 days until Halloween, monsters! I hope you're ready!!

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment