The Topstone Skull Mask


Well, I finally pulled the trigger on a really cool piece from my Halloween youth! I came across an original Topstone Skull Mask from the 1980s in great condition and decided that it was going into my collection.


Growing up in the early 80s, this mask was one of the main pieces in our "Halloween Costumes" bin and I incorporated it into a few different costumes through the years. But after years of use, poor storage, and then a family move half way across the country, the poor skull mask was lost to the sands of time...


Until now! I have always wanted to get an original just to have for nostalgia's sake, and now I have it. This will be taken care of (as with all early Topstone masks, the latex is VERY thin and flimsy), and will not be thrown into a "Halloween Costumes" bin this time around!


A collection of Topstone Skull masks, showing paint and sculpt variations over time. Photo courtesy of Ray Castile.

And here is my original mask from Halloween, 1982. Beware the Skull Army Pirate and his Crazy Clown kid brother!!


  

0 comments:

Post a Comment