"Halloween Horror - Scary Sounds From The Hex Files" Cassette


Well, here we are. Somehow, we have already come to the final Friday in October. Time for one last Freebie Friday, where I comb the depths of my vintage novelty Halloween record and tape collection and then share it with all of you. Luckily, we are finishing with a bang!




An array of screams, howls and spooky sound effects to greet trick-or-treaters or put chills down party goers' spines!

More than 73 minutes of continuous scary sounds.


And how! This tape is a monster (giggle, giggle) clocking in at a walloping 71 actual minutes of Halloween greatness. I was completely surprised when after flipping the tape to side two, I was rewarded with another side of sound effects! Usually I get the same exact recording on both sides, but K-Tel International's Halloween Horror - Scary Sounds From The Hex Files from 1997 really delivers the goods.

It's a great mix of new and old sound effects, flowing nicely through each effect throughout both sides of the cassette. Lots of monster growls and upchucks (listen for it, I'm not joking), howling winds, howling dogs, a few "borrowed" screams and moans, another pissed off cat, rattling chains, creaking doors, and racing heartbeats. But the best effect is the organ that shows up almost half way through side two (which now that I look at it, may actually be side one - I mislabelled the sides, although it doesn't REALLY matter, right??). A really great creepy sound that intensifies the other sound effects going on at the same time.

Overall, it's a great, high quality addition to anyone's Halloween soundtrack collection and one that I would seriously consider playing at my home haunt display. And it's a great way to cap off another October of Freebie Fridays! Enjoy, and Happy Halloween, 'ya creeps!!

DOWNLOAD "HALLOWEEN HORROR - SCARY SOUNDS FROM THE HEX FILES" HERE.

  

1 comments:

Pik-Cor said...

Fantastic! Thanks :)

Post a Comment