Markillie/St. Mary's Cemetery - Hudson, Ohio (Part Two)


Here it is, the final Cemetery Sundays post for 2017! In looking back, the month of October really flew by, even with how busy we have been throughout. The Cemetery Sundays segment has been a lot of fun this time around, and I still have a list of cemeteries left to visit in the Northeast Ohio area, so I look to continue it into the 2018 season.

But for now, we will continue our tour of the Markillie/St. Mary's Cemetery in Hudson, Ohio. If you haven't checked out part one of the tour, please do so here. I ended up going here as a second option, but was rewarded with some amazing photos of their older tombstones. I got so many photos, in fact, I had to split it into two segments.

So sit back for one last time this year, and enjoy the second half tour of Markillie/St. Mary's Cemetery...







As I made my back across the center of the grounds, I came upon this incredible array of four tombstones, aligned in a tight row. Were their coffins buried lengthwise?? Outside of the unusual alignment, each stone had a wonderfully ornate epitaph on both the front and the back of each stone! It really stood out in a cemetery already full of beautiful old stones...


















Another new technique that I am going to try on one of my next tombstone props is going to be the cracked stone with discolored fragment. The stone on the right has such incredible streaking and staining on the top fragment, yet still has a rather clean and white bottom portion. Definitely a cool added detail to my cemetery display.











Another gorgeous crack in this stone! It looks like the top portion is ready to fall off...











Here is another cool idea that I hope to create in my cemetery display. At this point, I have nothing but individual stones and obelisks. I think I'll try to create a triple-stone family plot at some point...







And just like that, another season of Cemetery Sundays has come to a close. I had a lot of fun walking through these cemeteries this year, and really enjoyed photographing the old tombstones in each. Hopefully these photos can be used for some inspiration to make some cool tombstone props in another haunter's display. I know it will in mine!


0 comments:

Post a Comment