New Holland Brewing - Ichabod Pumpkin Ale


In between freakouts over how much I still have to do for the big night, I still find a little time to stop and enjoy a cold seasonal beverage or two. And I still look forward to putting each one up against my highly scientific Drunken Jackos rating scale!! So let's get to it!!

Up next is New Holland Brewing's Ichabod Pumpkin Ale. After stumbling at the start of this October (habanero and pumpkin??), I was excited to get some delicious pumpkin ales tested. And the Ichabod Pumpkin Ale didn't disappoint!



Upon first pour, I noticed the nice vivid copper orange color and slight head. This beer gives off an immediate, sweet cinnamon/pumpkin pie note, and that same sweetness continues through to the taste. That sweetness is nicely tempered with a slightly dry and malty nutmeg aftertaste. It has a nice complexity in the range of flavor and maintains a smoothness all the way through.

And because of that wonderfully complex balance between cinnamon sweetness and malty nuttiness (all while maintaining its smoothness), New Holland Brewing's Ichabod Pumpkin Ale receives 3.5 out of 5 Drunken Jackos.


This beer has been on my local grocery store shelf for a couple of years now, and I'm sorry I didn't pick this one up sooner. I tore through the entire six pack pretty quickly and plan on getting back to the store and picking up some more before the last of the pumpkin beers disappear, only to be replaced with those dreaded Christmas Ales...

I highly recommend this one and suggest a six pack of your own if you can still find it! Cheers!


1 comments:

Pik-Cor said...

Oh, that sounds yummy :)

Post a Comment