"Halloween Horror Sound" CD


Welcome to another Freebie Friday, where I share the gems and the stinkers from my ever-growing collection of vintage novelty Halloween "spooky sounds" records, cassettes, and CDs!

This week's offering was another gift from long-time friend and co-conspirator of the Cemetery, Jim. Another spooky sounds CD rescued from the 99-cent bin at the local Drug Mart.


So right off the bat, I knew I was in for some true Halloween cheese just by looking at the cover. "Halloween Horror Music CD" on the blister card, "60 Min Horror Sound Effects" on the CD. Which one was the title?

As it turns out, neither of them were! In popping the CD into the computer, I discovered that it's actually called "Halloween Horror Sound." Yep. Sound. Not "Sounds." Just one.

And then I pressed play. Yep, I had heard this one before! How to make a quick buck during the Halloween season? Simply take an old copy of "Halloween Sounds of Horror," speed it up a touch, and then sprinkle some random "spooky" clips over it. And I DO mean random. See if you can pick out the James Brown "Wooooow!" sample that's repeated throughout.

But honestly, even with all the cheap production and graphics, and the duplicated track on this one, I can't hate it. It really encompasses everything great about these old novelty releases. A dirt-cheap release chock full of the cheesiness that makes Halloween so much fun.

It doesn't come close to any of the novelty Halloween classics like "Chamber of Horrors" or "Horror Sounds of the Night," but "Halloween Horror Sound" (just one) is still worth a listen, especially if you don't have "Halloween Sounds of Horror" yet.

DOWNLOAD "HALLOWEEN HORROR SOUND" (JUST ONE) HERE.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment