Great Pumpkin Project Drop #1


I've been a big fan of the Great Pumpkin Project for many years, usually contributing at the end of the season with my annual pumpkin dumps. The idea of spreading Halloween jack-o-lantern fun with a little mischief added in hits dead center in my wheelhouse! So this year, I decided to do a little more...

Alongside my continuing tradition of the pumpkin dump, I decided to add a few extra jack-o-lantern drops throughout the season to spread a bit more Halloween cheer.

Last night was the first drop of the season...


I covertly dropped tagged jack-o-lantern number one into
a small, old cemetery on the other side of town. Quiet, yet highly visible from the elementary school directly across the street. The central obelisk tombstone in the cemetery made a perfect backdrop with its "Father & Son" epitaph, as this pumpkin was also a father & son project.

I did the carving of the face my 10-year-old son created.



Long live the Great Pumpkin Project! More drops coming soon...

  

2 comments:

Lady M said...

Sweet - I love a good pumpkin drop. In sight of a elementary school ought to get those kiddos in the mood for Halloween. That's also a beautiful location for a pumpkin drop.

Tjalgahorn said...

Very cool drop! I just read through all of your previous pumpkin dumps... such a cool idea, and you executed each one perfectly! I'm jealous of the people who got to stumble across your dumps in person. I might consider doing a pumpkin dump of my own this year if I can find a decent spot.

Post a Comment