Revere Cemetery - Richfield, Ohio


So originally, I decided that I was going to scrap my Cemetery Sundays segments for this year, as I thought I just wouldn't have the time to do it. Funny how things change...

This morning I decided to merge 2 tasks into one: get a nice long bike ride in AND make sure I rode past a local cemetery to get a few photos. And just like that, a new version of Cemetery Sundays was born! Grab my bike, head out, and make sure the route takes me past a local cemetery that I haven't photographed yet.

So here we go!

My first cemetery of 2020 was an obvious choice. I have been past this small, unmarked cemetery hundreds of times. And it just so happens to be located directly across the street from my son's elementary school.

Revere Cemetery (also known as Hershey Cemetery or Revere Road Cemetery), was established in 1858 and contains the graves of some of the earliest inhabitants of the town of Richfield, Ohio. Only holding a total of roughly 55 graves, I was able to tour the grounds quickly and get a few cool photos of the wonderful old, ornate tombstones.

So kick back and enjoy a few photos from Revere Cemetery in Richfield, Ohio...




















2 comments:

Lady M said...

Wow - I thought Elder John Bonewell was giving me the finger for a second.

highbury said...

I hope not, Lady M. He was a minister!! :)

Post a Comment