"Haunted Horror Sounds" CD


Happy Friday, my fellow haunters and Halloween lovers! It's time for yet another installment of Freebie Fridays where I share novelty Halloween "spooky sound" gems from my collection!

This week, we're starting something new. Everything to this point has been a vinyl record or a cassette, but for the first time since I started doing this segment, we're diving into the seedy expanse of novelty Halloween CDs!


Special Warning: This Compact Disc Should Not Be Listened To Alone

Spooky Sound Effects - Perfect for any haunted house or background music for any HALLOWEEN party.

Haunted Horror Sounds is another novelty Halloween sound effects release that I have had my eye on for quite a while. Both this CD and the cassette version were released in 1993 by Forum Novelties, an appears to be their lone "spooky sounds" release.

And they absolutely nailed it with the near-heavy metal cover art. Is there anything cooler than the crazy goblin caressing the bloody skull with the snake sliding out of the eye socket? This illustration screams SPOOKY! And the traditional witch silhouette is an extra nod to all things Halloween.

When I threw the disc in, I immediately knew I had struck gold again. The standard collection of creepy sounds along with thunder cracks, screams, meows, howls, evil laughter and groans, and a really great organ track that plays throughout. Some of the sounds here may have been "borrowed" from other releases, as they do sound a bit...familiar. And a few segments seem to repeat through the track.

But this one is still a solid Halloween release. And the CD version is one continuous track that clocks in at one hour. Sweet! Press "Play" and enjoy!!

DOWNLOAD "HAUNTED HORROR SOUNDS" HERE.



0 comments:

Post a Comment