The Guardian Of The Tombs


Okay group, I just put the wraps on yet another prop. This one is the Guardian Of The Tombs, a fallen angel sent to protect the unfit souls of our cemetery. And she became the newest addition quite by accident. Let me explain...

This piece started out as an actual plastic statue that my mother-in-law bought for us. It spent its first year in our patio garden, protecting the flowers and trees. She was placed in the basement for the winter, but returned to her post the following spring. Unfortunately, at some point the statue was either knocked over or blown over and was found on its side, with a wing broken off. It's at this point that I must let everyone know that I had nothing to do with it. Honest.

She was then placed back into the basement, where she sat in the corner collecting dust. Until this weekend. I happened to be in the basement, moving things around when I caught a glimpse of it out of the corner of my eye and an evil thought popped into my head. Why just sit in a corner and collect dust when you can be put to good use even in your broken state?

So with my wife's permission, I went to work transforming her into the Guardian Of The Tombs. She has been coated in watered down black and green paints for a nice weathered look, her broken wing has been replaced with vines and twigs, and she has gotten a coating of spanish moss:


She is going to look great, sitting front and center, carefully tending to the lost souls of the cemetery. I then snapped a few pics of her in different lighting combos. Enjoy!








2 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Absolutely stunning!

Cheers!

highbury said...

Thanks, Frog Queen! Coming from you, that is quite an honor!

Post a Comment