And So It Begins...


Happy October 1st, group! It's the day we've all been waiting for! The official start to the Countdown To Halloween. And unfortunately for us, it starts with a bit of a thud...

I was all set and ready to make the drive down to Columbus today to go see my new favorite band of the moment, Ghost, when the unthinkable happened. They will not be playing tonight. Apparently they had some trouble securing their visas to come from Sweden and spread their ghastly greatness and had to drop out of their entire U.S. tour. I can't tell you how gutted I am...


I REALLY, REALLY wanted to see these guys and I've been listening to their release, Opus Eponymous for days straight.

But after taking a step back and thinking about it, a famous quote comes to mind:

"When life gives you lemons,
find a person whose life gave them vodka."

I can't remember where I heard that quote (possibly Stevil from All Hail The Black Market?), but we are going with Plan B. We're still going to Columbus, but instead I think we'll go check out The TerrorFest, Columbus' biggest and best haunted attraction. No sense in wasting an opportunity when things don't work out. The TerrorFest has made many "Best Of" national lists, so I might as well check it out. I'll just have to listen to Ghost on the drive down...

And as a small treat for those that haven't heard or seen Ghost before, or for those that are sharing my sense of utter dismay that the tour has been canceled and won't be seeing them in their city either, here is a two-part show from July in Nijmegen, The Netherlands:





So there you have it. Simply amazing! Hopefully they get things straightened out and reschedule their U.S. tour asap. I will be waiting patiently...

So a slight letdown, but October has begun and we couldn't be any more excited. We have got a full month of posts lined up from a few of the Highbury Cemetery regulars as well as a few new faces, so be sure to check back daily. We'll have posts on all things Halloween, from a slew of new prop how-to's that will be going into this year's home haunt, prop inspiration, music, film and even a few freebies to help celebrate the countdown to the big day. Only 30 days to go! And be sure to check out all of the other participants in this year's Countdown To Halloween, too, because there are some heavy hitters on the list. This is going to be one hell of a celebration! See everyone tomorrow!

1 comments:

Damian Michael AKA HalloweeNut said...

Happy October! Thanks be to the Great Pumpkin!

Post a Comment