Fairview Cemetery - Richfield, Ohio


We've come to the last Sunday of October, so we have one last cemetery to visit this Halloween season. And this one has a little history with me, because today we travel to my old stomping grounds of Richfield, Ohio. 

Fairview Cemetery is one of two cemeteries in the small town, and one that I had visited before. It only came as a shock after realizing that I had been through these grounds back in my high school days, which was a long 24 years ago. I went with a group of friends to film some footage for a video editing class that I was in at the time. It made me pause for a second to think about all that had happened since I last set foot here...

I arrived early as the morning sun rose above the hill where the oldest tombstones were all located. Most of the stones in this section date back to the early and mid-1800s, and a few have been damaged over time due to age, the elements and shifting ground. 

The rising sun and the colorful fall foliage made for a perfect backdrop to walk the grounds, snapping photos at every step and made a perfect ending to Cemetery Sundays for 2014...

I have quite a few photos, so sit back and enjoy one last cemetery tour!












This has to be one of my favorite tombstones that I have photographed. A stark, yet amazing epitaph, and the broken corner just adds to the beauty...
 




























 

0 comments:

Post a Comment