Aphex Twin - "Matchsticks"


Aphex Twin was my first introduction to the incredible sounds of "darker" ambient and its perfect fit for use in my Halloween yard haunt soundtrack. After using a novelty Halloween cassette during the first years of my display, I came upon 1994's Selected Ambient Works, Vol 2 in my wife's CD collection. Upon first listen, I was blown away by the darkness and cold of the tracks. Like nothing I had heard before. I immediately knew that this would be the atmospheric audio to use in order to take my haunt to the next level.

I still listen to this frequently, and every time I hear this particular track, I'm reminded of the progression of my haunt through the years and the expansion of my musical tastes and influences. 




   
Halloween Weather Forecast Update:



Continuing to improve, but I'll remain cautiously optimistic for now.


  

0 comments:

Post a Comment