LED Spotlights From Deadhead Props


After building and displaying my cemetery gate entrance, I realized that something was missing. I was happy with the columns and REALLY happy with the arched sign, but at night, there was no pinpointed lighting on the arch. You couldn't clearly read the sign, boldly proclaiming the Highbury Cemetery name. So I went on a search for cheap LED spotlights. The only condition was that they had to be battery-operated (and cheap), as they were at the end of my driveway and I didn't want any extension cord mess to deal with.




Fast forward to a recent lucky eBay find from Deadhead Props. I had purchased LED eyes from them before and on a chance viewing of their eBay offerings, found the perfect solution! Their battery operated LED flood lights were small, relatively cheap, they ran on 2 AA batteries each and gave off a ton of light!!




I took them out to the garage and just set them up next to the cemetery arch to see how they would illuminate the sign. As I stepped back, I was very happy with the results. These things give off a lot of light for the size, and with the right positioning, should illuminate the entire sign nicely.



And as an added bonus, these things still work great while sealed in a ziploc baggie. Because I wouldn't want them to get wet when the inevitable Halloween rains come. Which brings me to my next point...


Halloween Weather Forecast Update:


I'm not sure how other peoples' forecasts went from rain to no rain, while mine slides closer and closer to being 4 straight years of having to dry everything out. Oh well, all of my props have survived the previous years' soakers, so I'll just continue to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. ONLY 2 MORE DAYS TO GO!!! ARE YOU READY!?!?

   

0 comments:

Post a Comment