Bath Center Cemetery - Bath Township, Ohio


I got up early for this Cemetery Sundays tour and endured frigid temperatures and snowflakes, but it was well worth the trip. 

Bath Center Cemetery is another of those local cemeteries that I had been past hundreds of times, but never actually been in. And while the grounds (somewhat hidden even though located right in the center of town) are small compared to other cemeteries that I have toured, I was pleasantly surprised by the number of wonderful old, weathered tombstones there. I quickly made my way around, snapping away as the snow flakes flew and the morning sun slowly rose above the trees. Enjoy!











A great epitaph for two sisters with varying fonts and sizes. Very ornate, especially the word "also"...















I'm going to guess that this small, peculiar tombstone, which was tucked in among other stones off in a corner, was not done by a carving professional?? Regardless, I found this one quite interesting.


 


















  

0 comments:

Post a Comment