Jaycee Haunted Houses 1975


There is nothing better for me than to get that warm, fuzzy feeling of Halloween days gone by. The nostalgia of my childhood trick-or-treating is something I reflect upon frequently when I now set up my annual yard haunt, trying to capture that magic to share with my neighborhood today.

Growing up, my parents took me to my first haunted house back in the early 80s, put on by a local Jaycee chapter in Parma, Ohio. By today's standards, it was pretty silly, but it was that moment that changed me forever! I HAD to go to other haunted houses!!

I came across this amazing video last year, but somehow never posted it. It's a mini documentary about those first haunted houses that were put on by local Jaycee chapters. It's a wonderful and hilarious look back at where the haunted house industry first got its start nearly 50 years ago.

If you're a fan of Halloween and haunted house history, this one will should give you the warm fuzzies, too. Enjoy!




0 comments:

Post a Comment