Welcome, October!


Welcome. Here we are again. October 1st...

IT'S OFFICIALLY HALLOWEEN SEASON! And it's time to start the annual Countdown to Halloween! An orange-and-black blitz of 31 posts in 31 days, all leading up to our high holiday of All Hallows Eve!! This is our 10th year celebrating all things creepy and cool with the Countdown to Halloween blog party, and we are still going strong. Can you feel that crisp, electric excitement in the air!!??

We've got a long list of blog posts all lined up and ready to go. A full month stuffed with tricks and treats, so be sure to check back daily because this party is going nonstop straight through the 31st! And you don't want to miss out on the good candy, do you??

So let's get this thing started, shall we!?


In previous years, I would kick off the big party with the reveal of my annual Highbury Cemetery haunt logo. But I'm going to switch it up a bit. In truth, I'm still putting the final touches on this year's logo and will reveal it soon. So in the mean time, I created a new piece to share with you all...


It's my unofficial official Countdown to Halloween banner for 2020! I was in a vintage mood and created this fun little piece. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO GRAB IT AND SHARE IT WITH EVERYONE! It's yours to spread far and wide, to help celebrate the greatest month of all!

And I won't stop there! Be sure to come back daily for more spooky fun, as I'll be bringing back the Freebie Fridays segments where I share more nostalgic gold from my ever-increasing collection of classic novelty Halloween "spooky sounds" records, tapes and CDs! I might even have time for a couple of new Cemetery Sundays segments where I grab my camera and tour a local cemetery, photographing the beautifully ornate old tombstones within. Kick back and share a toast to the pumpkin gods as we sample an array of new pumpkin beers and rate them on our dreaded Drunken Jackos pumpkin beer rating scale! And of course, I'll have tons more daily Halloween hijinks to carry us closer to that big night! So settle in, take a deep breath, and let's get this pumpkin party started!!

And if you're REALLY in the festive mood, why not sign up at the Countdown to Halloween page and throw your own party!? I'll be sure to stop by and I'll bring the snacks!


  

1 comments:

Lady M said...

I love that little Countdown to Halloween guy so I have grabbed it and will use it on my blog. I remember getting bags like that as a kid! Looking forward to your posts this month as always.

Post a Comment