The Miller Family Cemetery at Stoney Hill - Bath, Ohio


So I decided to do another Cemetery Sundays post. I didn't have much time, so I finally decided to check this little gem that is located a quick 5 minute bike ride from my house off the list.

I have been wanting to check out the Miller Family Cemetery at Stoney Hill for a LONG time. It's a small little cemetery nestled just off of one of the busiest roads in my town. In fact, if you didn't know about it, you (like the hundreds of other cars that drive by daily) would completely miss it.

It's a small cemetery comprised mostly of Hopkins and Miller family graves from the mid- to late-1800s. These families were the earliest settlers to the area in the early 1800s, and donated this land for a family cemetery. And although there aren't many graves here, the well-maintained cemetery has many old tombstones with wonderfully ornate epitaphs and designs. Perfect for my project! 

And something unique to this cemetery is that the groundskeepers took the older, broken stones and put them back together, setting them flat in concrete slabs for preservation. An interesting and unique way to save the historic old stones.

So sit back enjoy a quick trip through the Miller Family Cemetery at Stoney Hill...


























0 comments:

Post a Comment