Hobgoblin


So another Halloween has unfortunately come and gone all too quickly. Months of planning and building, and then in 3 short hours, it's all over. Everything has been put away for another year and there is a hollow void in my free time. Fortunately, Jenn and I made it out to Halloween USA and Spirit Halloween and picked up some really great pieces for next year, all at 50% off.

But how was I to know that the best score was yet to come? After the excitement of getting some great pieces for next year, we decided to stop at our favorite burger-and-beer joint, The Winking Lizard. Good food and an even better selection of beer. Always cures what ails 'ya. A great thing about The Lizard is that they feature a collectible "Glass of the Month" special. I normally don't pay much attention to the Glass of the Month as it's usually some goofy pint glass with some goofy beer, but we happened to be there on November 1, the first day of the new glass. I glanced down casually at the menu when all of a sudden I glanced upon this...




 


The greatest mug in recorded history! Just when my energy had dwindled to zero from the night before--boom! Pegged!! This thing features a green goblin, which doubles as a handle, sitting over an old black cauldron; a wicked, 17-ounce concoction of Hobgoblin English Brown Ale.  I've never had Hobgoblin before, but it isn't all too bad. The local grocery store carries it and I've dropped a few in there since bringing it home. We've almost reached the middle of the month, so if you live near a Winking Lizard, get down there quick, because when they're gone, they're gone. And you know that December will bring some goofy Christmas pint...



1 comments:

Johnny Thunder said...

Sweet!

Post a Comment