Hoppin' Frog Frog's Hollow Double Pumpkin Ale


Next up to face the Drunken Jackos rating scale is Hoppin' Frog's Frog's Hollow Double Pumpkin Ale. This one may have a bias right off the start because it is brewed literally down the street from Highbury Cemetery. I honestly hadn't tried many of their beers before, but if they are as good as this pumpkin ale, I'll be frequenting their tasting room in the very near future!



This one surprised me on first pour, as I wasn't expecting such a light coppery colored beer. You can also see in the picture that there was no real head with it. I was half-expecting a bad, flat bottle, but that wasn't the case at all.

Right off the bat I got a nice, spicy cinnamon/nutmeg aroma. The beer was very smooth without the usual up-front sweet pumpkin flavor that you get with most other pumpkin ales. This one had a really great spicy and nutty flavor with a hint of clove. I would almost describe this beer as having a flavorful, earthy taste.

Hoppin' Frog's Frog's Hollow Double Pumpkin Ale was a nice change of pace from the rest of the pumpkin ales that I have tried. The flavors seemed to be more spicy, earthy and complex and made for an enjoyable beer that will be back in my fridge soon! This is a highly recommended purchase and receives a 3.5 out of 5 on the Drunken Jackos Rating Scale.


0 comments:

Post a Comment