Highbury Cemetery Is Calling It Quits...


It truly pains me to have to make this decision, but after many months of thinking this over, I have decided to close the doors to Highbury Cemetery. This isn't a decision I take lightly, but I do feel that is it the right time to do it. Let me explain...

We've been doing this yard haunt for 10 long years, and as they say, all good things must end. We had a great run, but the time is right to put this to bed. I would rather go out on top than to drag this along, making things miserable for all who were involved.

Over the past year, many of the important people who made this yard haunt work have moved on to other interests and could no longer give the time and attention needed to keep the show at a level that I thought was worthy for the trick-or-treaters of our neighborhood and to everyone who visited this blog. Alone, I can't possibly continue to produce new props, set everything up on Halloween and then somehow run the entire show. The excitement seems to have subsided and I always said that if I wasn't having fun doing this, I would call it a day. I just never knew that day would actually arrive so soon.

I want to thank everyone who stopped by and commented on our posts. I hope that we have at the very least inspired others to create something amazing in their own haunts.

I had so much fun creating every single prop that I made for the yard (which makes it very difficult), but have decided that I don't want to keep anything lying around the house taking up valuable space. Therefore, I am going to part with everything. If I'm not going to use it, I would rather have someone else utilize it in their haunt. Please visit the link below for a preliminary list of things that I am putting up for sale. Everything will be priced reasonably, as I would like to get rid of everything quickly and be done with this.

At some point, I may return to the home haunt world, but I think some time away will probably do me some good in the mean time.



Please click here to see the list of my cemetery props that are currently for sale.



Thank you to everyone who helped make this yard haunt what it was. Without you, I could have never given the neighborhood kids the show that they got for 10 years. 

And thank you to all of the neighborhood children who bestowed upon us the name of "The Halloween House." You are the reason we did what we did.

And finally, thank you again to all of the blog followers and friends who stopped by. I am very lucky to have made friends with, and exchanged ideas with, you all. I hope to cross paths with you all again somewhere down the line. Good night and April Fools...


--Highbury

 

6 comments:

Mark Faucett said...

Nice try bud! April Fools to you too!

Damian Michael AKA HalloweeNut said...

Dammit man, don't scare me like that!

Anonymous said...

You had me all the way! Im so glad I can still look you up for inspiration...Nice one!!!

Anonymous said...

Wait! The props are still for sale right? LOL

Hector Turner said...

Crap! Got me!

In Irons said...

Yep got me too....was jonesing for those cemetery columns... dagnabbit! (But glad you are still open)

Post a Comment