Harpoon - UFO Pumpkin Ale


So it's only mid-August and the pumpkin beers are already infiltrating the local shelves. I usually hold off on the pumpkin beers until about September, but a beer that I hadn't tried before caught my eye. And with an impulse purchase, it's time to break out the annual Drunken Jackos rating system!



Harpoon UFO Pumpkin caught my eye, as it is an unfiltered pumpkin ale. I expected a lighter pumpkin beer (more aligned with an unfiltered wheat) and I wasn't disappointed.

It poured a light, cloudy amber hue and was capped with a nice foam head. It started with a slight caramel note, and had a malty caramel flavor with a hint of pumpkin and spice. It finished smooth with a slight malt aftertaste.

This pumpkin beer has a nice light flavor, as opposed to other heavier, spicier pumpkin beers and is highly recommended to start off the fall season. Overall, a very solid release to get the season going, and because of this, Harpoon UFO Pumpkin gets 3.5 out of 5 Drunken Jackos.




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment