Apocryphos, Kammarheit & Atrium Carceri - "All Dreams Mined"


So I'm revisiting some older releases in my ever-expanding dark ambient library while I'm cleaning the house, getting ready for Christmas celebrations. As I shuffle through the songs, I land on "All Dreams Mined," a collaboration between dark ambient heavyweights Apocryphos, Kammarheit and Atrium Carceri. And wow. I literally stop what I'm doing to listen to this track. And then I listen to  it again. It's THAT good.

"All Dreams Mined" is the final track on the collaboration's 2017 release, Echo. Buried at the end, but definitely the most atmospheric track, making an easy bridge from dark ambient into the larger realm of soundtrack scoring. It immediately calls to mind something from Blade Runner 2049 or other dystopian science fiction film.

And it also plays well as a track for our winter season. Cold, bleak and dark, yet somehow warming in its melancholy. Such a perfect track to put on repeat. Enjoy.




0 comments:

Post a Comment