Ghost, Live in Pittsburgh 2-14-22


Seeing the band Ghost will never get old to me. Yes, they have become more mainstream, but the band continues to deliver their trademark style of pop satanism with their unique and catchy metal sound.

On Monday night, Mrs. Highbury and I spent Valentines Day with our favorite Swedes over in Pittsburgh. It was nice to get out and get to a concert again, and Ghost, along with Volbeat and Twin Temple, made for a most welcome return!

As always, Ghost put on a really great set, including an opening number from their upcoming release, Impera. Incredible lighting and pyrotechnics, confetti, elaborate costuming and super-tight musicianship made for one hell of an experience. This show marked the sixth time we’ve seen them live and each time they have put on an incredible show.

They are still out on the road on their 2022 North American Imperatour, so go check them out if they're playing a city close to you. It's worth every penny!

Enjoy some of my photos from the show...


















Here is the video I shot at the start of the set. This song, Kaisarion, is from their upcoming release Impera...



And after all was said and done, I had grabbed a few Sister Imperator bucks from the confetti drop AND I caught TWO Ghost guitar picks that were thrown out at the end of the set!! I had never managed to snag a pick at any of their other shows, so I was really happy with that. I also grabbed a cool Ghost tour shirt to put an exclamation point on another amazing show and incredible evening...


  

0 comments:

Post a Comment