The Day After...


For me, the day after Halloween is usually a day filled with a sobering melancholy as the realization of the season's end slowly sets in. My energy levels are completely drained after another successful night of trick-or-treat, and the dreadful prospect of having to put everything away for another year is the last big hurdle to face this season.

But this morning, I woke up to this...










A little bit more than the dusting that was predicted in the forecast! Luckily, all of my foggers, animatronics and lighting are already tucked away in the garage. But the unexpected coating of snow does add a really cool new element to the display, so I made sure to get out early before it melts to get some photos. 

I don't think I have ever had to deal with snow in my Halloween display before, but here we are. A sure sign of winter's impending arrival. Now I just need to rescue my tombstones and get it all safely packed away to make room for the snow shovels...

  

3 comments:

The October boy said...

Congrats on a very successful Haunt this year. It looked wonderful. We got snow as well, but better than during the Haunt itself. Hope you had a great Halloween!

Lady M said...

Perfect shots to use at Creepmas!

Haunted Eve said...

You got the snow too!
https://hauntedevehalloween.blogspot.com/2023/11/merry-creepmas.html
We did have a great Halloween and at least the snow held of until today. We've been getting lake effect snow squalls all day today. We're only 10 miles south of Lake Ontario.

Post a Comment