#pumpkindump2023


For my final act of Halloween defiance this season, I was able to get my pumpkins out for the seventh year in a row for my annual Pumpkin Dump!

Starting back in 2017, I decided that I wanted to do something more than simply tossing my post-Halloween pumpkins into the trash, and ended up covertly setting them up in a local metropark to much surprise and joy... and it has become an annual tradition ever since.

Every year I look for a new, creepy location to set up my jack-o-lanterns and extend the Halloween season for a bit longer. An Easter egg of sorts to anyone who happens to see them, and food for the local wildlife at the very least.

This year, I paid homage to the Dump location from 2021. Shortly after a successful pumpkin dump, the old, abandoned house was completely torn down by the city, leaving only an empty dirt lot where the house (and the pumpkins) once sat.

Luckily, just one lot down sat yet another old, abandoned house. Completely forgotten and overgrown, the derelict house sits equally close to the highly traveled road, lending itself to another perfect, highly visible dump location. 

I loaded up all 13 pumpkins from this year's display and headed out. I calmly drove up what was once a driveway to the house, parked behind some overgrown bushes, and went to work. I quickly got some photos and videos of the setup, then slipped away completely unnoticed.

Another perfect Pumpkin Dump to end a really great Halloween season!

Please enjoy my annual submission to the Great Pumpkin Project, the Highbury Cemetery Pumpkin Dump 2023…










  

0 comments:

Post a Comment