Shipyard Brewing Pumpkinhead Ale


Time for another quick beer review, group. Because what's prop-building out in the garage without a frosty beverage or two to keep you company? This time it's Shipyard Brewing's Pumpkinhead Ale from Portland, Maine. 



This one threw me for a loop right out of the gate because as it poured from the bottle, it was a lighter amber color than any other pumpkin beer I've tried so far. It's a pumpkin-flavored wheat ale, although the pumpkin flavor was somewhat masked behind the crispness of the wheat. This beer had a very crisp, somewhat spice-forward flavor with a slight nutmeg aftertaste. Overall, not a bad beer for the mid-fall prop building season. Pumpkinhead Ale gets three out of five Drunken Jackos.

Time to head back into the garage now, because I've got quite a few props that are almost completed and I can't wait to reveal them all here. Stay tuned! 27 days and counting!!

 

1 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

I got so excited when I saw "Portland"....until I saw "Maine" drats! Gonna have to stick with dead guy ale from Rogue!!

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!

Post a Comment