Charnel House - "L'Appel Du Vide"




With mere hours to spare before heading out to the Midwest Haunters Convention, my new Charnel House CD, "L'Appel Du Vide" is finished! 3 tracks of "haunt ambient" audio, perfect for a home haunt or haunted house scene setting.

This release is my first foray into the world of music composition and represents my first steps into learning to create this specific style of audio. I had discovered the dark ambient genre about 8 years ago, fell in love with it, began using it in my annual yard haunt display and finally decided late last year that I wanted to try my hand at creating my own haunt-specific version it.

This version of "L'Appel Du Vide" is a limited, hand-numbered "2018 Midwest Haunters Convention" edition of 20 and comes with a hand-numbered CD and silkscreened Charnel House patch, housed in a hand-numbered gatefold sleeve. Every facet of this release, from the creation of the logo, photography and sleeve art, to the silkscreened patch and the hand-stamped and numbered Memorex CD-R was produced in-house here at the Cemetery. Super DIY all the way!

And for anyone lucky enough to be at the Midwest Haunters Convention this weekend in Columbus, Ohio, find me on the tradeshow floor and I'll give you a copy of the CD!

I hope to see you there!




1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there! I found your blog while searching for reviews of Ulf Söderberg/Sephiroth. My name is Danica Swanson. I'm a writer working on a book about dark ambient music, and I've been a fan of the genre for 25 years. I think your track "The Call of the Void" is excellent, and I'd like to hear more. If you have any copies of your new release left for sale I would love to claim one - please let me know! You are talented and I hope you keep making dark ambient music.

My Bandcamp page is here:
https://bandcamp.com/dswanson

You can email me at shrine.of.skadi AT gmail dot com.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Post a Comment