A Quick Halloween Recap



There are good days and then there are GREAT days. The Pumpkin Gods definitely looked down upon us in abundant favor this year, and we are grateful!

To say that we had a great Halloween would be a massive understatement. Everything fell into place perfectly this past Sunday night, and we had one of our best trick-or-treats in many years. The biggest factor, the weather, cooperated fully giving us warm and dry temperatures with absolutely ZERO wind. That allowed us the best fog effects we've EVER had. 

Plumes of chilled fog rolled through the cemetery, hanging in the motionless air, and eventually spreading throughout the yard, spilling out into the street and creeping across to the neighbors' houses. I'm still in awe of how good it looked.

Add to that, every prop worked flawlessly, every light was lit, every jack-o-lantern was illuminated. And as darkness came, every scene truly came to life with lighting that I actually had time to adjust and perfect days before.

The days of Highbury Cemetery being a one-day-only show are over. Setting up at least a week in advance gives me the time to adjust, tweak, and perfect until my hypercritical self is content with the final show.

I have a ton of photos yet to go through, so for now I'm only dropping one teaser photo above. The newest members of the Highbury Cemetery family, my 3 new sheet ghosts, positioned up front and bathed in warm lighting while still casting dark shadows.

Check back tomorrow for the full gallery. I'm really proud of this year's display and I can't wait to show off all the photos.

  

1 comments:

The October boy said...

So glad to hear you had a stellar night! From the looks of that first shot, I can tell the pictures on the way will be great, cant wait!

Post a Comment