"Reaper" Print by Dr. Wolfenbergen


As I get older, I have become a big supporter of independent artists, especially during the Halloween season. I truly appreciate zines, clothes, posters and anything else handmade or done in a truly DIY (do it yourself) manner. To me, it just feels more authentic and personal, and it's usually of higher quality as opposed to a mass-produced and cheaply made pieces pulled from a shelf.


Case in point is this incredibly awesome silkscreened poster print from
Dr. Wolfenbergen. I have been following the Dr's Instagram page for a few years now and I absolutely love his bold, blocky and textured, vintage creepy lo-fi Halloween and monster illustrations.

I recently saw this new "Reaper" poster produced by Valhalla Studios and I immediately put my order in! Classic hooded grim reaper (my favorite!) exploding from the page with boney, skeletal hands in his signature offset textured style. Sheer perfection.

And did I mention it GLOWS IN THE DARK!?


Support our independent Halloween artists and
grab your own copy at Valhalla Studios!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment