It's the first Friday of October, and that can mean only one thing...
The return of Freebie Fridays!
Every Friday in October, I dig up one of the vintage novelty Halloween soundtrack cassettes, CDs, and vinyl records from my ever-growing collection and share it with all of my fellow classic "spooky sounds" junkies.
I've been doing this for quite a few years now, and I still absolutely love doing it. It's a great way to share the love during the Halloween season, and a great way to (re)discover some really neat-and-or-hilarious old novelty soundtracks from Halloweens long past.
So let's get down to business!!
Up first, we have the Sounds From A Night Of Terror CD from what I can only assume is the mid 90s/early 2000s. No date to be found anywhere on this release, but it just has that 90s feel to it.
What initially drew me to this release was the cover art. Glorious, illustrated comic-style art of an undead hand rising from the grave made it an instant purchase for me. Again, no credit to an artist anywhere, but one can only assume it was ripped off from somewhere else.
I was also pleasantly surprised when I popped the CD in. High production sound quality on this one, and it's an hour of continuous audio in one single track. It's a sampling of different, standard "Halloween sounds" themes, some almost sounding cinematic in composition, all linked together by a continuous, laughing voice laden with downtuning and reverb. Used a little too much for my liking and far too repetitive, it luckily doesn't overwhelm the overall release.
For another cheap, blind purchase, this one is a pretty great, campy Halloween release. And a perfect release to start off this Halloween season! Enjoy!
DOWNLOAD "SOUNDS FROM A NIGHT OF TERROR" HERE.

0 comments:
Post a Comment