New Halloween Soundtrack - By John Carpenter!


I was beyond excited upon hearing that there is a new Halloween film in the works, especially with legendary director John Carpenter brought on to produce. This new film somehow fits in as a new sequel to the 1978 original, which makes no real sense especially with the quality of the original sequel, but like everyone else, I'm willing to give it a shot. Because hey, John Carpenter.

So imagine how giddy I got when news broke that Carpenter was tagged with creating the new score to the film, too. A new Carpenter-associated Halloween film WITH A CARPENTER SCORE! Technically it will be composed by Carpenter, his son Cody and godson Daniel Davies (part of his band that have been touring for the past 3 years), which should make for an interesting update on the original score.

After hearing this news, I was all in. On October 19th, I will be in line to see this at my local theater (large crowds of people be damned!). I have been taken over by Halloween mania...





And to keep the hysteria going, Sacred Bones Records announced the release of the new Halloween soundtrack this week. Kaboom. My head just exploded. 3 different vinyl versions from Sacred Bones. And literally a thousand other release versions throughout other record labels, record stores and countries. Enough to make a collector go mad...

I quickly settled on grabbing a copy of the Sacred Bones "Art Edition" of 2,000. An alternate, die-cut sleeve with amazing (better!) art by Chris Bilheimer, really cool clear-and-orange-blob vinyl, and a huge, super cool Michael Myers target practice poster. And I'm glad I moved quick on this one, because all 2,000 sold out in 24 hours. Unbelievable. I guess Halloween mania isn't just limited to me...





The Halloween soundtrack drops on October 19th!





0 comments:

Post a Comment