Great Pumpkin Project Drop No. 1: The Spirit of Halloween


Last night, I finally joined in on this year's Great Pumpkin Project fun with my first jack-o-lantern drop of the season.

I picked up a nice little pumpkin from the corner store and brought him home. My son got really excited when I asked him to draw the face, and after a quick carve and a GPP tag attachment, he was ready to go...

Now there are a TON of really great locations around, but one particular place just kinda popped into my head and stuck. It seemed like an obvious location. So we loaded the pumpkin into the car, and headed out.



Upon arrival, I was surprised at how many people were still in the parking lot and the establishment itself. We had to sit for a few minutes before we could do the deed. We grabbed the pumpkin and casually walked over to a patch of trees just off to the side of the entrance to our local Spirit Halloween...


After the successful drop, we walked into the store, browsing all of the animated props, costumes and masks. We then exited, walking past the jack and admiring our work as we drove off.

There is nothing like the feeling of a good pumpkin drop. I just hope this one sticks around long enough so that like-minded Halloween fans might catch a glimpse and share in the enjoyment.

Drop number two is coming shortly...

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment